Jul 3, 2020

Bird Tales



She listened
as the wee bird told stories from the forest

stories of the fawn that pranced through
and where the mushrooms grew

the bird told about the squirrel that stole the swallows eggs
and
about the snail eggs that were growing along the waters edge

It sang from dawn to dusk
about the life its lived and things its seen


I have been drawing birds on hands for years
I wonder if doing so is what inspired this
interaction to actually happen?!

It is a sweet sharing, makes my heart sing.

I take it quite seriously, like caring for a pet.
I do not walk out the door without a pouch of seed on me.
It is not a good feeling when the little feathered friends land on a branch next to me
making their teeny sound which mean:
seed please
Then patiently waits for me to pull seed out of the pouch and it then descends to my finger tips

~
wishing you magic in your days and in your dreams
~
*



11 comments:

  1. The birds are singing like never before.
    Like an enchantment in the forest.
    A beautiful artwork Tammie.

    Dear greetings,
    Hilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love your art. So cool about the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that more than I can say -- your story is beautiful. They feel safe and loved and I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right On - Sending Magic

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an inner talent to speak to the birds from heart to heart dear Tammy
    This is a beautiful drawing of it. You have a love for nature and animals, especially birds!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooie woorden versterken deze mooie tekening!
    Tammie je hebt liefde voor vogels en andere dieren.
    Zo mooi ze eten uit je hand,een prachtige foto.
    Groetjes
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magical moment! And the pairing of artwork with image is beautiful -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely of you to drop by! I love hearing from you~