Jun 26, 2023

Summer Whimsy

 

  • I had no idea this piece would be an abstract.
  • The fun of the colors and details took over and this is what showed up on the paper. 
  • Some of the fun is experiencing the part of me come to life that vanished when someone told me:
  • Trees aren't pink
  • mountains are not that pointy
  • this is how to draw a flower

In those moments of someone thinking they knew what I was suppose to do with my art,  my innocence and freedom vanished. I am loving getting it back. It has a feeling of vitality and endless possibilities. 

( I am not sure how I got those dots to the left of my words... so i am not sure how to remove them)

~

*


14 comments:

  1. This art piece just says "Summer, " Tammie Lee. I'm glad you didn't listen to the other voice telling you how to be creative, and did your own thing. Looks like it shows in this art piece. Lots of yellowish colors and just right for the season.

    Happy Summer!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheri. I thought the golden light was summery too.

      Delete
  2. Your freedom in art is so good! The new technique is great and fits to you really very good. Flowing and only one rule: Painting Tammie- dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dori. This one was so fun to see it come to life.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine!

      Delete
  3. Deine Freiheit in der Kunst ist so gut! Die neue Technik ist großartig und passt wirklich sehr gut zu dir. Fließend und nur eine Regel: Tammie-Träume malen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of color is absolutely luminous. I just love how you see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. I am loving these colors as well. In fact I left them on my palette and am using them for the one I am working on now. I just wasn't finished with this combination.

      Delete
  5. Wow! This piece is so free and open, and so radiant and welcoming as well. To me, it expresses a perfect joy. Gorgeous colors, Tammie - and a gorgeous work, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anno. Fun to see new art showing up for me.

      Delete
  6. This is so lovely. My eyes wander around and through this image, and I feel myself pulled into it... this lovely, liminal landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. even in this summer picture I can dream along so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely of you to drop by! I love hearing from you~